speaking & teaching
See our full list of industry qualifications
Nationally recognized as an industry expert
Educator and speaker in inspection services
Continuing Education Credit
Nationally recognized as an Industry Expert
IIS has taught for the following groups of people:
microbiologists • certified industrial hygienists • engineers • builders • home inspectors • contractors • mold remediators • insurance adjusters • real estate agents • employees at home depot
certified industrial hygienists
real estate agents
employees at home depot
Consulting, teaching, and speaking engagements include:
Building Specs, Inc. (Instructor)
- Inspection Methodology
- Using Moisture Meters
- EIFS Risk Assessment
- EIFS Moisture Intrusion
- Stucco Systems Risk Assessment
- Moisture Intrusion Inspections
- Advanced Roofing
The Association of the Wall & Ceiling Industry (Writer & Instructor)
- Wrote test questions and developed certification standards for the certification exam for EIFS applicators and EIFS inspectors at the request of the AWCI.
- Participated in the creation of test questions and determining the passing scores for the certification exam for EIFS applicators and EIFS inspectors.
Indoor Environmental Standards Organization (Writer & Instructor)
- Contributing writer for the national standards for IESO on inspecting structures for moisture and mold.
- Developed the outline for the inspector certification course through IESO.
- Created and taught the 8-hour prerequisite moisture intrusion course for IESO and the Certified Residential Mold Inspector course from 2002 to 2007.
- Served on the IESO Consensus Board of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) for reviewing and approving standards from 2007 to 2015.
Indoor Air Quality Association (Curriculum Development)
- Served on the IAQA Education Subcommittee developing the core skills and education requirements for Council-certified Residential Mold Inspector, Microbial Investigator, and Microbial Consultant.
- Serve on Legislative Updates Subcommittee to monitor and influence industry-related legislation.
National and Regional Industry Conferences (Speaker)
- National Institute of Building Sciences
- Green Building Initiative
- National Association of Home Inspectors (NAHI)
- American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI)
- Indoor Environmental Standards Organization
- Indoor Air Quality Association (IAQA)
- Exterior Design Institute
Dryvit Class-Action Lawsuit (Consultant)
- Participated in the assessment of the scope of repairs proposed in the Dryvit class-action lawsuit settlement for Dryvit prior to court approval.
Tidewater Community College HVAC Advisory Committee (Curriculum Development)
- Served on the DACUM committee developing and writing the new degree for the HVAC/R Technician
- Serve on the TCC HVAC Advisory Committee.
IIS also provides training in a seminar venue for trade associations, home inspection companies, real estate companies and insurance companies.
These services have been provided either as a courtesy for for a fee.
The groups or associations have included:
the national institute of building sciences
the american society of home inspectors (ashi)
the national association of home inspectors
building spec home inspector training